Australia Day Awards
On 26 January 2014, Australians all around the country will celebrate what's great about Australia. We would like you to help us celebrate what's great about our community by nominating someone you know for an Australia Day Award.
The Quilpie Shire Council Australia Day Awards will recognise members of our community who have made an outstanding contribution to the community throughout 2013.
The Award categories that you can nominate in are:
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Group Award
- Australia Day Sports and Recreation Award
- Australia Day Environment Award
- Australia Day Creative Award
- Australia Day Outstanding Achievement Award
- Australia Day Certificates of Appreciation.
Eligibility in Categories
All nominees must be a resident of Quilpie Shire at the time of nomination.
Please consider the selection criteria listed below when completing your nomination:
- How has the person / event made an outstanding contribution to the local community?
- How is the person an inspirational role model for the community?
- Why do you believe that this person should receive an Australia Day Award?
- Does the nominee work in a volunteer capacity or in a paid position?
- Have these contributions / accomplishments taken place in 2013?
Supporting documentation may also be provided with your nomination form that you feel will assist the judges in making their decision. Supporting documentation may also be provided with your nomination form that you feel will assist the judges in making their decision. Supporting documentation can include items such as personal references, photographs, samples of work, portfolios, newspaper articles etc.
How to nominate
Nomination forms are available at the Council Office or can be downloaded here. Please complet this form and post to Council, by 4pm on the closing date Monday 6 January 2014.
Award recippients will be announced at the ceremony during our Australia Day celebrations on FRIDAY 24 JANUARY 2014, commencing at 7pm at Bulloo Park.
For further enquiries please contact Monica James at the Quilpie Shire Council on telephone 4656 0508.